Community Housing Program
The Community Housing Program provides Permanent Supportive Housing to individuals and families in Mobile and Baldwin counties who are experiencing homelessness and who have a disabling condition. This program assists participants in transitioning from homelessness to being housed, encourages clients to become self-sufficient, and gives them the tools to live as independently as possible.
The program has three basic goals as established by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD):
1. To help program participants obtain and remain in permanent housing.
2. To help participants increase skills and/or income in order to allow them to secure an income and live as independently as possible.
3. To help participants achieve a greater level of self-determination and gain the needed confidence to make the transition out of homelessness.
Supportive services provided to participants include, but are not limited to:
• Case management using Critical Time Intervention Model (CTI), including assessment of needs
• Referrals and assistance with coordinating substance abuse, psychiatric, and healthcare services.
• Life skills
• Brief counseling and crisis intervention
• Housing search assistance
The Community Housing Program is a “Scattered Site” program. Scattered Site programs lease individual apartment units in the community so they can place individuals or family participants into these units and charge them a small monthly rental fee based upon their income.
To find out more about the Community Housing Program or to see if you qualify for assistance contact Ed Aikens at E.Aikens@hfal.org or at 251-450-3345.
You Can Help End Homelessness With a Donation
Make our community a place where no one experiences homelessness. Donate today because you believe everyone deserves a safe place to sleep at night.
279 N. Washington Ave., Bldg. 3
Mobile, AL 36603
3929 Airport Blvd.
Bldg. 3, Ste. 200
Mobile, AL 36609
Housing First, Inc. - Main Office