Supportive Services for Veterans and Families
Supportive Services for Veterans and Families is a program set aside exclusively for veterans and their families. Services are provided for veterans who are facing homelessness or are at imminent risk of losing housing. Upon entering the program, clients receive extensive case management to promote housing stabilization and prevent future episodes of homelessness or becoming at-risk again.
To be deemed eligible for SSVF, a client must:
• Be homeless or at imminent risk of losing housing.
• Have served in the armed forces and completed basic training.
• Have any discharge status, except dishonorable.
• Not surpass the 50% Average Monthly Income (AMI) limit for their household size.
Services provided include, but are not limited to:
• Housing assistance.
• Case management.
• Transportation assistance.
• Referrals to various community agencies including those for employment, education, childcare, food pantries and food assistance, and other life skills such as budgeting and credit counseling.
All services provided are to ensure general housing stability for the client and promote general welfare. Clients are encouraged to participate in the program fully. Success within the program is solely dependent on the client’s willingness to set and achieve goals which are put in place upon entry into the program.
If you are a veteran who is experiencing homelessness, or at imminent risk of being homeless, please contact us at 251-450-3345 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You Can Help End Homelessness With a Donation
Make our community a place where no one experiences homelessness. Donate today because you believe everyone deserves a safe place to sleep at night.
107 St. Francis Street
Mobile, AL 36602
279 N. Washington Ave., Bldg. 3
Mobile, AL 36603